MyClass.net User Guidelines and Terms of Service
The purpose of MyClass.net is to give teachers, students, and parents class web sites that allow collaboration, communication, and sharing of information. Each MyClass.net class site is its own Community with class-specific information and resources. Select service class sites are password protected and accessible only to members of that class Community. Each Select service class site may also choose to participate in the larger MyClass.net Community. MyClass.net Community discussion groups and email bring together teachers, students, and parents from different schools using the MyClass.net system.
Each MyClass.net site is created and customized by the teacher. Therefore, the teacher is ultimately responsible for the content of his/her class site, including content posted on the site by students in the class. We are mindful of our role as stewards of these class sites and will do our best to ensure that MyClass.net remains a positive contributor to the education Community.
The Staff of MyClass.net
MyClass.net members who are in violation of these policies may have their membership revoked and their class sites, or portions of their sites, removed without warning.
MyClass.net User Guidelines
MyClass.net does not discriminate based on sex, age, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, culture, religion or socio-economic status.
Please refrain from using your MyClass.net site or the MyClass.net Community discussion boards for the following activities:
You are solely responsible for your content, and we act as a passive conduit for your online distribution of your information. However, we reserve the right to suspend or remove any page from the system which is brought to our attention and which we find, in our sole discretion, violates any of these page content guidelines or otherwise is in violation of the law.
- Displaying material containing nudity or pornographic material of any kind;
- Providing material that is grossly offensive to the MyClass.net Community, including blatant expressions of bigotry, prejudice, racism, hatred or excessive profanity;
- Displaying material that exploits children under 18 years of age;
- Promoting or providing instructional information about illegal activities, promoting physical harm or injury against any group or individual, or promoting any act of cruelty to animals;
- Committing acts of copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other intellectual property infringement;
- Defaming any person or group;
- Using your site (or directory) as storage for remote loading or as a door or signpost to another home page, whether inside or beyond MyClass;
- Developing home pages or session posts that consist of hyperlinks to content not allowed in MyClass;
- Using MyClass.net for the purpose of gathering personal identifying information from individuals for commercial or unlawful purposes;
- Posting or disclosing any personal identifying information belonging to children;
- Violating Internet standards for the purpose of promoting your site;
- Engaging in commercial activities;
This includes, but is not limited to, the following activities: Offering for sale any products or services; Soliciting for advertisers or sponsors; Conducting raffles or contests that require any type of entry fee; Displaying a sponsorship banner of any kind, including those that are generated by banner or link exchange services; Displaying banners for services that provide cash or cash-equivalent prizes to users in exchange for hyperlinks to their websites; Promoting, soliciting or participating in multilevel marketing or pyramid schemes.
MyClass.net does not actively monitor the content of individual MyClass.net sites, MyClass.net email messages, or MyClass.net Community discussion boards, but we will investigate complaints of violation of these guidelines. Please submit any such complaints using the MyClass.net Comments Form or by sending email to abuse(at)myclass.net.
Members who are in violation of the MyClass.net User Guidelines or Terms of Service may have their membership revoked, services cancelled and their class sites, or portions of their class sites, suspended or removed without warning, in which event MyClass.net will not return the removed site to the offending member.
MyClass.net is not responsible or liable for any loss of data resulting from our deletion of MyClass.net class sites, network or system outages, file corruption or any other reasons.
We urge all members to maintain backup versions of content posted on their class sites to guard against losses of any kind.
MyClass.net E-mail Guidelines
MyClass.net encourages you to use your MyClass.net e-mail account as often as you like. Sending unsolicited e-mail ("spam") through the MyClass.net system or using any MyClass.net trademark in connection with sending unsolicited e-mail is considered a serious violation and MyClass.net will take the appropriate legal action under the circumstances, which may involve referring the matter for criminal prosecution.
You are solely responsible for the contents of your email transmissions through the MyClass.net system.
Your use of the system is subject to all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations. You must agree:
You will not use the Service for chain letters, junk mail, spamming or any use of distribution lists to any person who has not given specific permission to be included in such a process.
- to comply with US law regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States through the system;
- not to use the system for illegal purposes;
- not to interfere or disrupt networks connected to the system;
- to comply with all regulations, policies and procedures of networks connected to the system;
You agree not to transmit through the system any unlawful, harassing, libelous, abusive, threatening, harmful, vulgar, obscene or otherwise objectionable material of any kind or nature. You further agree not to transmit any material that encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law or regulation. Attempts to gain unauthorized access to other computer systems are prohibited.
You shall not interfere with another MyClass.net member's use and enjoyment of the system or another entity's use and enjoyment of similar services.
MyClass.net may, at its sole discretion, immediately terminate email service should your conduct fail to conform with these terms and conditions of the MyClass.net email system.
MyClass.net Membership Terms of Service
- The opinions and views expressed in MyClass.net member's class sites do not reflect those of MyClass. The contents of MyClass.net member's class sites are not reviewed in any way before they appear in MyClass.
- MyClass.net is not responsible for the content of any MyClass.net member's class sites. Members are solely responsible for everything contained in their own class sites. MyClass.net does not verify, endorse or otherwise vouch for the contents of any MyClass.net member's class sites. Members may be held legally liable for the contents of their sites and may be held legally accountable if their class sites include, for example, defamatory comments or material protected by copyright, trademark, patent or trade secret law without the express permission of the author or owner.
- MyClass.net does not actively monitor the content of member's class sites but will investigate complaints of a violation of the MyClass.net Content Guidelines and Terms of Service. Please submit any such complaints by sending email to abuse(at)myclass.net.
- The member agrees to indemnify and hold harmless MyClass.net for any loss, liability, claim, damage, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) arising from or in connection with the contents of the member's class site, Community discussion boards, or use of the member's MyClass.net e-mail account.
- MyClass.net is not responsible or liable for any loss of data, nor is it required to return any data, resulting from our suspension or deletion of MyClass.net member's class site, network or system outages, file corruption or any other reasons. We urge all members to maintain backup versions of their class sites to guard against losses of any kind.
- The member agrees to provide accurate registration information, including, but not limited to: name, school information (school name, address), contact information (phone, email address), personal information (gender, date of birth), and interests. The member also agrees to represent only him or herself on MyClass, and no other persons living, dead, or imagined.
Intellectual Property Dispute Policy
In the event that MyClass.net receives a complaint that the content of a MyClass.net member's class site allegedly infringes intellectual property rights or is otherwise unlawful, MyClass.net may request written substantiation of the complaint from the complaining party, for example, substantiation of proof of ownership in the form of a trademark, service mark, patent or copyright. MyClass.net will take the steps it believes to be appropriate under the circumstances, including, for example:
- Suspending the site, or a portion of the site, immediately until the dispute is resolved;
- Providing the member with contact information for the complaining party;
- Instructing the member to contact the complaining party to resolve the dispute;
- Informing the complaining party of our actions and ask that party to work directly with the member;
- Taking the following action based on the progress of the dispute:
If the member has not pursued resolution within 14 days of a notification, the site, or portions of the site, will be deleted; If the complaining party has not pursued resolution within 14 days of the member's response, the site, or portions of the site, will be re-activated;
If legal action is pending or the dispute is not settled, the site, or portions of the site, may remain suspended until resolution is reached and MyClass.net is notified by both parties as to the outcome;
If a resolution is reached between the parties, the site, or portions of the site, will be reactivated with any mutually agreed upon modifications. If a copyright, trademark, patent, or other infringement is obvious (such as when pirated computer programs or information used to circumvent manufacturer-installed copy-protect devices, including serial or registration numbers for software programs or any type of cracker utility, is being distributed), MyClass.net also reserves the right, instead of following the above stated procedures, to delete all files and remove the member site without any warning.
Other Rights Reserved
MyClass.net also reserves the following rights:
To amend or change the MyClass.net User Guidelines or Terms of Service at any time and without notice;
To release current or past member information if MyClass believes that a member's account is in violation of the MyClass.net User Guidelines or Terms of Service, is being used to commit unlawful acts, if the information is subpoenaed and/or if MyClass.net deems it necessary and/or appropriate;
To deny membership to serious or repeat offenders of the MyClass.net User Guidelines or Terms of Service;
To remove members for conduct that MyClass.net believes is harmful to other members, to non-members, to MyClass.net sponsors, or to MyClass.net as a business;
To utilize third parties to provide services to MyClass.net members. These third parties may require limited access to members' personal identifying information in order to perform the services. Notice will be given to members of the need to share information at the point of collection or a reasonable amount of time before sharing begins;
To use images of MyClass.net member's class sites for promotional and other commercial purposes.
We appreciate your interest and support of MyClass.net and we welcome you to our service.